Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dear Baby #7 Billion

I'm glad I've decided to commit myself to maintaining this blog, because it is also turning me into a blog reader.  Like most people, I check in on the blog's of my friends occasionally to see what they are up to, but until now I hadn't been searching for blogs.  Now I am and I'm glad I've started.  I was searching around today, looking at both artist blogs and science education blogs when I stumbled onto the Nature Conservancy's site.  They are a non-profit organization that purchases land and conducts environmental research and practices conservation.

The post I read is "An Open Letter to #7,000,000,000."  Our human population is currently on the cusp of 7 billion people, and the blog post is a letter to baby #7 billion.  The letter starts by talking about how fortunate modern people are to live in our current age.  It then moves into the many environmental resource problems facing us currently and into our future.  I think the letter does a good job of summing up our current problems, why they matter, and what we can do to help.  I encourage you to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment